New Report: Man-made Global Warming Is a Farce
Posted by truthpills on 2012/12/15
Thursday, 13 December 2012 13:55
Written by Rebecca Terrell
The notion of the “new normal” of extreme weather is a farce, according to a recent report by the environmental group Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT). Extreme Weather Report 2012 was presented at the latest UN Climate Conference in Doha, Qatar, but the only press this landmark study received was when British politician and author Lord Christopher Monckton was kicked out of the conference for presenting it.
The report is actually a massive compilation of scientific studies and news articles from both public and private sources, including the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA). Together they indicate claims of “global warming,” “climate change” and “climate disruption” are nothing but a ruse to usher in massive carbon taxes and crippling regulations. Like Pavlov’s dog, politicians are conditioned to react to any harsh weather event by drooling for higher taxes, notes the study. Naturally, delegates at the UN conference were not interested in the conclusions of the CFACT study.
The Pavlov analogy is appropriate, nevertheless, as this small sampling of items from the report illustrates:
• Extreme Weather Events are Killing Fewer People Than Ever Before — Reason Foundation, September 22, 2011.
• Recent historically low global tropical cyclone activity: In the past 5-years, global tropical cyclone activity has decreased markedly — Geophysical Research Letters, 2011.
• Downward trend in strong (F3) to violent (F5) tornadoes in U.S. since 1950s — former NASA scientist Dr. Roy Spencer, May 24, 2011.
• Drought Trends, Estimates Possibly Overstated Due to Inaccurate Science: Study suggests that there has been little change in drought over the past 60 years — CBS reporting on findings published in the journal Nature, November 19, 2012.
• Are US Floods Increasing? The Answer is Still No: A new paper out today shows flooding has not increased in U.S. over records of 85 to 127 years — University of Colorado environmental studies professor Roger Pielke, Jr., October 24, 2011.
• “These recent U.S. ‘extremes’ were exceeded in previous decades…. The expression of ‘worse than we thought’ climate change as documented in [James] Hansen’s OpEd does not stand up to scrutiny.” — Alabama State Climatologist John R. Christy, Ph.D., in testimony before the House Energy and Power Subcomittee, September 20, 2012.
Other citations show the hypocrisy of climate alarmists such as Al Gore, who is on record in 2009 blaming global warming for vanishing snow and ice even at Earth’s poles. A mere two years later he published on his blog “increased heavy snowfalls are completely consistent with what [scientists] have been predicting as a consequence of man-made global warming.” Doha delegates were sure to feel that sting of reproach since the UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) published warnings in 2007 in its Fourth Assessment Report (AR4) of “fewer cold outbreaks” and “fewer, shorter, less intense cold spells/cold extremes in winter.” Northern Hemisphere countries have endured unusually harsh winters since AR4 hit the newsstands.
Read the full article