Coffee enemas have been used in medicine for over 100 years. Coffee enemas were considered the standard of practice in medicine before the advent of drug therapies. Coffee enemas help the body rid itself of toxic waste in the colon and the liver/gallbladder. When caffeine is used as an enema, it is primarily absorbed in the liver, where it becomes a very strong detoxification chemical. The caffeine also helps improve the functioning of the enzyme system of the liver. Coffee enemas are particularly useful for the detoxification and prevention of viral and bacterial syndromes (if used at the onset of illness).
Procedure for Coffee Enemas
1. Get an enema bag that you can see through (CVS, Walgreens) [cleansing kit].
2. Get a foley or a French catheter that has very soft rubber, cut off tip from original enema kit tubing otherwise liquid will escape out of side port.
3. Folgers caffeinated coffee (red can), or fresh ground organic coffee.
4. Put 4 cups of filtered water into a pan (stainless or glass), add 2 TBSP of coffee (optional 1 TBSP organic molasses unsulfered) and bring to a boil for 2-5 minutes, brew 5-10 minutes, and turn off.
5. Let it cool to a baby bottle, warm temperature. (optional strain thru 2 organic unbleached paper filters)
6. Pour 4 cups of the strained liquid into a measuring cup, without the grounds.
7. Pour this liquid into the enema bag and hang it at waist level in the bathroom, with a coat hanger. Hang at doorknob level.
8. Loosen the clamp and allow the coffee to run out of the end of the catheter tip and re-clamp the bag when all the air has been removed from the enema tubing.
9. Sit on the toilet and gently insert the tip into the rectum a few inches. If lubrication is needed, use olive oil. Allow 2 cups or 1/2 of the contents of the bag to flow in slowly over 2 minutes, then clamp the tubing, remove the tip, and lie on your right side on the floor.
10. Try to hold the enema for 10 minutes. Hold it as long as you can. Even a short period is useful. After you have emptied the bowel, proceed with the remaining 1/2 quart (2 cups) and likewise hold that for 10 minutes, if able, then void again.